Bedbugs Bite

I thought I could trick them by leaving the light on.  They are nocturnal creatures, so I was hoping the light would melt them or turn them to stone.  Nope.  Heedlessly, they swarm.  And I will never fall asleep with the light on.

So I close my eyes for a while, pretending to be unconscious, and when I feel a nibble I thrash and scratch wildly.  With bleary eyes I go on a killing spree, chasing them down one by one, cornering them onto a piece of paper, and showing them the toilet.  I've made it into a game of sorts.  If you are awake at two in the morning you might as well be having fun.

The bedbugs counter my merciless wrath with endless waves of reinforcements.  They appear to be coming out of nowhere, but they're everywhere.  I surrender!

I didn't sleep in my room yesterday.  I was drinking beer with a friend on the rooftop and somebody locked us out, so we waited until sunrise to go to bed.   Usually when I know a room is infested with these little buggers I won't sleep in it.  But I never knew until it was too late.   By the time I woke, checkout time had passed.  I slept about three hours yesterday, and today I might not sleep at all.   Maybe tomorrow...

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.  I watching to ensure the blood sucking vermin don't hitchhike on my backpack.  I'm pretending to be patient until the morning comes.  Then I will pretend that I slept all night and I'll carry on with my day as if nothing ever happened...

Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite. 

Comments

Popular Posts