Koh Phangan- I think I'm in love.

I came to Koh Pangan thinking I would stay for a week or two.  Now, three and a half months later, I'm seriously considering moving on...

But this island has a hold on me.  I've been told that it sits upon a foundation of quarts crystals.  Maybe this could partially explain the way people get stuck here.  There's a good, clean energy floating in the air, and it feels good to exist. When the world is pushing us to leave, we achieve a whole new level of procrastination, where tomorrow is too soon.  So, instead of saying "I'll do it tomorrow", we put off departure for another week or month.

Life is good here.  And it only seems to get better.

There's so much to do.  I can practise yoga by day, and party at night.  I can explore different beaches, swim and snorkel.  Or climb up mountains to lookout points. There are a great variety of restaurants with tasty food and interesting atmospheres.  And the crowd is very international, so there is opportunity to make friends with people from all over the world. 

And the sun is shining. Again.  My front lawn is a white sand beach, with palm trees and birds of paradise offering shade from the sun.  I have passed many lazy afternoons in the hammock on my porch, enjoying the breeze while I read or noodle around on my little guitar. 

I will be leaving tomorrow, but I imagine that I'll be back.  Sometimes people ask me, "What's your favorite place that you've been to?".  Its a difficult question to answer, because I like different places for different reasons.  But Koh Phangan holds a special place in my heart.  Its an island where the living is easy, where I never get bored.  Its naturally beautiful and the people are friendly.  Its a setting where I fit into, and I feel like I belong.

Comments

Popular Posts