Heaven







     My path has led me to New Zealand, the small country in the south pacific, renouned for it's spectacular scenery and pleasant mannered people.  I am on a mission to ride my bike around the perimiter.

     Heaven, for me, is riding a bicycle.  Puffing up hills and careening back down.  I'm a sucker for a breath of fresh air.  I've been riding for almost two weeks now, gawking at the roadside vistas.   I am thoroughly impressed.

      Cycling lends itself well to tourism.  It's fast enough to cross the country, yet slow enough to experience the land as you pass through it.  One doesn't even need to stop to smell the flowers.  And there are more flowers than you would ever imaging from inside a speeding car.

      So this is my plan for the next 10 months (although this morning I was asking myself why, as I crawled up some particularly long hills, alongside traffic on a 6 inch shoulder)   This is my life.  Attempting to explore low impact living as it can be applied to travel.   Let's see where this takes me...

Comments

Popular Posts